Wednesday, May 22, 2013

DIY Ballerina Wall!

After seeing this picture on the left, I decided I would HAVE to have this ballerina mirror & barre in my own daughter's room.  After all, her mama was a professional dancer!  Maybe if I expose her to dance, dance, dance, she'll want to follow in my footsteps! :)  I consider myself pretty handy when it comes to these kind of DIY crafts, but installing a large mirror I wasn't so sure about!  Luckily, it turned out to be fairly easy!  Instead of finding a company that actually installs oversized mirrors for exercise studios, etc., I found a 36"x 48" mirror at Lowes for around $50 and asked the clerk what kind of hardware (anchors, screws, hanging mirror clips) I would need to install it with.  I also bought a wood "barre" (a long piece of wood railing), and some rods that I will attach to the wall, and drill the wood to.  You have to make sure the barre is drilled into studs on both sides, so I will be attempting that phase of the construction when my dad can help me!  Here is the beginnings of my daughter, Reese's dance wall!  She is so excited and loves it already!  Mommy and Daughter will both be using this wall, as I needed a big mirror to choreograph routines for my dance classes I teach.   It's a great way to fill a wall that otherwise would've been bland, and encourage a creative, playful space for your child!  And the best part is-  it's not expensive, or hard to do.  LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment