Thursday, May 30, 2013

Cover up that Ugly Car Seat!

Machine-Washable Infant/Toddler Car Seat Covers

Every parent knows that car seats are not cheap.  And they aren't exactly the type of item you can grab off of Craigslist or a hand-me-down from a random cousin who had a baby 10 years ago.  But there is a way to turn those drab, boring, car seats into a darling ride for baby #2 to save money. Car seat covers!  When you are ready for baby #2 you don't have to worry that the car seat you currently own is decked out in hot pink if you're having a boy.  You can just cover it up with a car seat cover! Now that my daughter is finally ready to switch from the big toddler car seat to the booster seat (she's 36 lbs), my son who is now a little over 20 lbs can switch from his infant carrier to hers!  I've been researching cute boy car seat covers (given the fact hers really is hot pink right now), and most are at least half the price of getting a brand new car seat (anywhere from $30-100).  I've also found lots of other great accessories you get to match:  stroller blankets, stroller covers, seatbelt straps, Bobby covers... you name it! And one other priceless detail- they are machine-washable! I'm even going to customize mine for my little guy by monogramming his name on the top.  Can't wait!  

No comments:

Post a Comment