Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Trick your Toddler with Veggies in their Smoothie!

I don't know about you but it is a battle getting my toddler to eat her veggies.  Anything green in her dinner dish winds up getting extracted and placed in a mound on the side of the plate. :( Sigh!  So I decided I'm going to try a different approach - Smoothies.  Vegetables in a smoothie?  Yes.  I can add any fruits and vegetables I want, and maybe even a little yogurt to add sweetness.  That way it won't scare away my little one, and it will be a yummy, healthy option to get those nutrients in my daughter's diet.  Here's a great recipe I'm planning on trying.  Now the only thing I'm worried about is if it turns out green! ... We might need to try some food coloring:)... Enjoy!

"Eat your Fruits & Veggie's" Smoothie


Ingredients (4 servings)
  • 2 big handfuls fresh spinach leaves (about 4 cups)
  • 2 bananas, peeled
  • 4 medium carrots, rinsed and trimmed
  • 1 cup frozen mango
  • 1 12oz bag frozen strawberries
  • 2 tablespoons flax oil
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups unsweetened original almond milk
  • 1.5 cups water
Combine all ingredients into the blender, and give it a whirl!  

No comments:

Post a Comment